5 Design Best Practices
To Lower Production Costs of Implantable Orthopaedics
When you’re developing orthopaedic products in a highly competitive and complex market, you need to get new products to market quickly and produce them cost-effectively. If design is not working in conjunction with your manufacturing team, you’re missing a vital step in the process; a key component for taking your innovative product to market...
Design for manufacturability (DFM) will help speed up your development process while keeping costs down. This guide highlights five design best practices that align with DFM.
In it, you’ll learn how to:
- Define the problem to design the solution
- Communicate your intent with your engineering and manufacturing team
- Identify the best partners for DFM
- Select the manufacturing method that works best for your specific product
- Effectively build your prototypes with your manufacturers